Read Our Blog
It’s that time of year again. The rains have started, leaves are falling, gutters and storm drains are soon to be over-flowing and snow is starting to stick in the mountains. Yes that means it’s October here in Oregon. Halloween is at the end of the month, and other holidays are not far off either.
When fall rains and winds pick up, this means as homeowners, business owners and tenants alike we all need to be aware of how we can mitigate any water damage that could happen within our homes and businesses. Listed below are just a few opportunities to take advantage of before the heavy rains begin:
- Clear all storm drains around your property from leaves and debris that can clog and cause flooding
- Have your gutters and down spouts professionally cleaned or if safe to do so perform this on your own
- Inspect outside foundation for cracks or where water can intrude into your crawlspace and cause possible water damage
- Visually inspect your roof making sure there are no repairs that need to be addressed
- Make sure windows and doors are sealed properly from the elements
These are just a few simple items that can be performed at little to no cost to keep from a major water damage occurring. In the unfortunate event that you do have a water or fire damage to your home or business rest assured that ServiceMaster of Portland is here to help. We can always be reached 24 hours a day-365 days a year at 503-234-0707.