Smoke Damage Repair and Cleaning Services in Portland
Are you tired of that ever-lasting smoke smell in your home that won’t seem to go away? Smoke damage can leave its mark on a property including devaluing its resale value. Portland disaster restoration experts at ServiceMaster of Portlandunderstand how to eliminate smoke odors from fire damage or cigarette smoke that will add freshness and blue to your home. Many materials in your home or business hold odors for long periods of time.
Our technicians are specialists in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage contents. In order to remove any odor the source of damage itself must be removed.
Important Warnings on Smoke and Fire Damage
- Do not attempt to wash walls without consulting a professional expert.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture without an expert’s assistance.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been affected by fire or water
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet as you riskshort-circuiting.
- Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing further damage.
- Do not eat from open food containers or packages that have been exposed to fire or smoke.
- Do not wait to call for professional help.
Mitigation is essential in fire and smoke damage…
Even when a fire is extinguished, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic. When burned, synthetics create a variety of complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable.
The professionals of ServiceMaster of Portland, who specialize in smoke damage in Portland, are experts in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. They have the ability to even remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain as well as fabrics in upholstery and carpets, thus helping to avoid additional expenses.
We employ the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire and smoke restoration process:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
Smoke damage can have a lasting impact on your property’s value. Let ServiceMaster of Portlandprofessionally treat and restore your home and remove smoke odors.