Carpet Cleaning Advice
Thanks very much for your interest in caring for your carpets. We are happy to provide you with information about carpet cleaning methods. Over time we have learned that carpet cleaning is the subject of much confusion. Some misconceptions are listed below.
You should wait as long as possible before cleaning your carpet. NO.
- Dirt is an abrasive like sandpaper. Each step grinds dirt into the carpet fibers.
- The longer you wait to have your carpets cleaned, the faster it wears out.
- Outdoor air contains pollens, fungus, bacteria, air pollution, cigarette smoke, car exhaust and hundreds of other chemicals. When you come into your home, all those substances wind up in your carpet.
- At ServiceMaster, we help you choose the method that best fit your carpet’s needs.
- The most effective way to clean carpeting includes hot water rinse extraction. It’s the most powerful cleaning method that rids your carpet of dirt, harmful bacteria, fungus, chemicals, pollens and tobacco residue.
- Many companies own hot water cleaning machines, but their employees may not know how to correctly use them.
- The best carpet cleaning companies employ certified carpet technicians.
- The price you see advertised may not be the price you pay.
- The type of carpet. Certain types of carpet are harder to clean then others.
- The amount of soiling. Carpet that hasn’t been cleaned for ten years will take longer to clean than carpet cleaned six months ago.
- The amount of furniture that has to be moved. If we have to move your furniture, the bid might include an additional labor charge.
- The number of stairs to be cleaned.
SCHEDULE A FREE CLEANING ESTIMATE. We will be happy to meet with you to discuss the best method to clean your particular situation and to answer any questions you may have. Please click on or call us directly at (503) 234-0707.