Smoke Damage ...
Smoke/Odors are hard to eliminate, without the proper methods they can linger indefinitely. Portland ServiceMaster Clean® understands how to eliminate Smoke/Odor damage that can permeate every area of your home or business. Many materials in your home or business hold odors for long periods of time.
Our technicians are specialists in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage contents. In order to remove any odor the source of damage itself must be removed.
Important Warnings on Smoke and Fire Damage
- Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without consulting your professional cleaner. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
- Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing further damage.
- Do not eat food that has been exposed to fire or smoke.
- Do not wait to call for professional help.
Mitigation is essential in fire and smoke damage ...
Even when the fire is out, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic. When burned, synthetics create a variety of complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable.
The professionals of ServiceMaster Clean, who specialize in smoke damage Portland, are experts in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. They can even remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain as well as fabrics in upholstery and carpets, thus helping to avoid additional expenses.
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire and smoke restoration process:
* Emergency pre-cleaning
* Content cleaning
* Content pack-out
* Wall and ceiling cleaning